IP Address reset?

Hey guys

Wanted to ask why my DL2s might be reseting their IP address and not responding to the CMA without soft reseting the servers? Zod had me soft reset the servers to get them to respond to my CMA for content upload. Prior to returning back on the road with their main tour for the year, i have them at a small church gig and wanted to see about fixing this issue so i can upload more content with our tour setup of Hub & cbale loom.

I am using 1.2.0.777 version of software with CMA release as well. As for playback this software version has been great out with the tour. Just now having problems with DL2s not wanting to play nice with the Cat5 setup and CMA within my laptop.

Keith
Parents
  • Keith,

Are you seeing the ip addresses jump between 169.254.x.x and 127.0.0.1? Does this happen right after starting up the fixtures, or after they have been up and running for a while?

I have seen some issues right after start up with the DL2's IP address jumping around between 127.0.0.1 and a 169.254.x.x address. Normally if you leave them alone for a few minutes they will calm down and start working correctly.

Also, are you using wireless internet on your laptop at the same time you are connected to the DL2s through a wired LAN? This has been know to cause issues as well. The CMA doesn't have a way to know which network adaptor to bind itself to. We have some preliminary dev work done to fix this, but remains largely untested at the moment. Hopefully it will be out in the near future.

Thanks,
  • Keith,

Are you seeing the ip addresses jump between 169.254.x.x and 127.0.0.1? Does this happen right after starting up the fixtures, or after they have been up and running for a while?

I have seen some issues right after start up with the DL2's IP address jumping around between 127.0.0.1 and a 169.254.x.x address. Normally if you leave them alone for a few minutes they will calm down and start working correctly.

Also, are you using wireless internet on your laptop at the same time you are connected to the DL2s through a wired LAN? This has been know to cause issues as well. The CMA doesn't have a way to know which network adaptor to bind itself to. We have some preliminary dev work done to fix this, but remains largely untested at the moment. Hopefully it will be out in the near future.

Thanks,
Children
No Data