IP Address reset?

Hey guys

Wanted to ask why my DL2s might be reseting their IP address and not responding to the CMA without soft reseting the servers? Zod had me soft reset the servers to get them to respond to my CMA for content upload. Prior to returning back on the road with their main tour for the year, i have them at a small church gig and wanted to see about fixing this issue so i can upload more content with our tour setup of Hub & cbale loom.

I am using 1.2.0.777 version of software with CMA release as well. As for playback this software version has been great out with the tour. Just now having problems with DL2s not wanting to play nice with the Cat5 setup and CMA within my laptop.

Keith
Parents
  • Matt

Thank you for your reply. I want to apologize to you for having the mob squad call you on this issue. Our LD called me today and asked how things were going with me & the DL2 units. I told him i was working with you on this issue and that you were getting back to me. Unfortantely, his patience is as big as a pinhead and he made some calls this morning to our vendor as well as our vendor made some calls to you guys in Austin (Richard B.). So again I apologize for the mob squad calling. Since i am not working with fixtures til Friday (taking tuesday - thursday off for family time) and if i had not heard from you by then, i was going to call the office.

Thank you for your reply. It all makes sense as well. I was talking to a Mircosoft IT guy as well yesterday at the venue i was at and mentioned to him my issues. He threw out a thought of making each DL2's Ip address a static address that stays with that fixture during my useage. Like since i have 5 active DL2 units, each IP address within my current setup would stay the same until i returned the fixtures. A possible huge setup process, but it might correct the jumping of IP addresses? But with XP embedded, was not sure on how easy or possible that would be. Just also trying to be helpful in the search for a cure.

I apologize for my lengthy reply.

thanks again for your help. i look forward to the soon upcoming fix.
    Keith
  • Matt

Thank you for your reply. I want to apologize to you for having the mob squad call you on this issue. Our LD called me today and asked how things were going with me & the DL2 units. I told him i was working with you on this issue and that you were getting back to me. Unfortantely, his patience is as big as a pinhead and he made some calls this morning to our vendor as well as our vendor made some calls to you guys in Austin (Richard B.). So again I apologize for the mob squad calling. Since i am not working with fixtures til Friday (taking tuesday - thursday off for family time) and if i had not heard from you by then, i was going to call the office.

Thank you for your reply. It all makes sense as well. I was talking to a Mircosoft IT guy as well yesterday at the venue i was at and mentioned to him my issues. He threw out a thought of making each DL2's Ip address a static address that stays with that fixture during my useage. Like since i have 5 active DL2 units, each IP address within my current setup would stay the same until i returned the fixtures. A possible huge setup process, but it might correct the jumping of IP addresses? But with XP embedded, was not sure on how easy or possible that would be. Just also trying to be helpful in the search for a cure.

I apologize for my lengthy reply.

thanks again for your help. i look forward to the soon upcoming fix.
    Keith
Children
No Data