Programming Hog iii for DL2's

Has anyone got a Bac-up file with there programming for Dl2's which I could have a look at......

Just wanting to see how different people program there DL2's on the WholeHog 3/iPC console.

Later on this year I may possibly have 4 of them with the the camera mixing rack for a show.

Been trying out a few different ways on the 3PC application...... Can;t really find an easy way for myself.

Kris
Parents
  • Hey Kris, Firstly, for ease of programming, I start with fixture numbering when I patch. I always create my fixture numbers in sequence, For instance, for Fixtue number 1 I number the Motion at 101, the global at 102 and the Graphics at 103-104. Fixture number 2 would be Motion at 201, Global at 202 and so on.

As far as pallete set up, I usually create a view that is only graphic folders. Because you need to have both a folder and file selected, I always create the palette with the file selected(usually the first file unless I have a favorite) Name the Palatte as the folder, i.e. HES Core, Sean Bridgewell Textures, Digital Ariels, etc. That usully gives me 2 rows of base palettes then below those, I create either a few favorites or show specific files. Make sure that when you record your palette you save it as a "Global" Palette so next time you do a show or add more DL.2s, you can use your show disk.

In a second view, I create all of the Effects Mod stuff(being sure to record "C" color because the effects use the CMY wheels to Mod them), some objects, a few rotations as well as Focus/Zoom/Keystone info for a few of your most used positions.

Hope this helps. Drop a line if you need anything.
  • Hey Kris, Firstly, for ease of programming, I start with fixture numbering when I patch. I always create my fixture numbers in sequence, For instance, for Fixtue number 1 I number the Motion at 101, the global at 102 and the Graphics at 103-104. Fixture number 2 would be Motion at 201, Global at 202 and so on.

As far as pallete set up, I usually create a view that is only graphic folders. Because you need to have both a folder and file selected, I always create the palette with the file selected(usually the first file unless I have a favorite) Name the Palatte as the folder, i.e. HES Core, Sean Bridgewell Textures, Digital Ariels, etc. That usully gives me 2 rows of base palettes then below those, I create either a few favorites or show specific files. Make sure that when you record your palette you save it as a "Global" Palette so next time you do a show or add more DL.2s, you can use your show disk.

In a second view, I create all of the Effects Mod stuff(being sure to record "C" color because the effects use the CMY wheels to Mod them), some objects, a few rotations as well as Focus/Zoom/Keystone info for a few of your most used positions.

Hope this helps. Drop a line if you need anything.
Children
No Data