Collage Overlapping & Image Size Calculations

Greetings. Just trying to do some image size / throw length calculations for some upcoming projects with DL.2 and I am wondering how much overlap you should allow for when using Collage Generator and figuring total image size?

I.e. We need to fill a 20' x 56' screen with a 2 x 3 array and I would like to keep the zoom as tight as possible for maximum brightness. So.....

1. How far away will we need to be with projectors?
2. What will the total image size be for that array?

What I am really looking for here is a formula or better yet a % of overlap that I can use for figuring Collage screen size in the future. Thanks!

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Scott,

Thanks so much for all your help. I went to page that you listed before I posted, hence my question as to why the configuration is not listed. However on the page for console congifuration

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/Collage-generator/dl2-collage-console-setup.asp

it listed numerous array configurations that are not listed on the array page, so it's confusing information hence my post. So would I be safe in confirming that not all of the array configurations that are listed in the console configuration instructions are supported yet? Again thanks for all your help.

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling Associates
  • Scott,

Thanks so much for all your help. I went to page that you listed before I posted, hence my question as to why the configuration is not listed. However on the page for console congifuration

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/Collage-generator/dl2-collage-console-setup.asp

it listed numerous array configurations that are not listed on the array page, so it's confusing information hence my post. So would I be safe in confirming that not all of the array configurations that are listed in the console configuration instructions are supported yet? Again thanks for all your help.

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling Associates
Children
No Data