Collage Overlapping & Image Size Calculations

Greetings. Just trying to do some image size / throw length calculations for some upcoming projects with DL.2 and I am wondering how much overlap you should allow for when using Collage Generator and figuring total image size?

I.e. We need to fill a 20' x 56' screen with a 2 x 3 array and I would like to keep the zoom as tight as possible for maximum brightness. So.....

1. How far away will we need to be with projectors?
2. What will the total image size be for that array?

What I am really looking for here is a formula or better yet a % of overlap that I can use for figuring Collage screen size in the future. Thanks!

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Yep. You are right. I'll see if we can get the other page updated.

Here's another useful thread on the subject: forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2387

In general, you multiply the number of fixtures wide by 640 and the number of fixtures high by 480. Then you scale the resolution down so that when you multiply the resolution widthxheight you are below 1 million pixels. If you do that to all the resolutions we have listed on the Collage content page you will see they will come out at 750k pixels.

Then read the other thread I posted above and it will go into even more detail about how resolution/compression affect bit rate and performance.
  • Yep. You are right. I'll see if we can get the other page updated.

Here's another useful thread on the subject: forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=2387

In general, you multiply the number of fixtures wide by 640 and the number of fixtures high by 480. Then you scale the resolution down so that when you multiply the resolution widthxheight you are below 1 million pixels. If you do that to all the resolutions we have listed on the Collage content page you will see they will come out at 750k pixels.

Then read the other thread I posted above and it will go into even more detail about how resolution/compression affect bit rate and performance.
Children
No Data