Collage Overlapping & Image Size Calculations

Greetings. Just trying to do some image size / throw length calculations for some upcoming projects with DL.2 and I am wondering how much overlap you should allow for when using Collage Generator and figuring total image size?

I.e. We need to fill a 20' x 56' screen with a 2 x 3 array and I would like to keep the zoom as tight as possible for maximum brightness. So.....

1. How far away will we need to be with projectors?
2. What will the total image size be for that array?

What I am really looking for here is a formula or better yet a % of overlap that I can use for figuring Collage screen size in the future. Thanks!

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Thanks for the info, that helps. So in our application we are simply doing a slide show beteen still photos on a 3 wide x 1 tall array. (We will have to double stack the array for maximum brightness, hence my question about 3 x 2.)

We will be at the most 2 layers simply to cross fade between photos. According to the chart that maximum image size is for HD movie files which we are not using. So I am assuming that our still files can probably be higher res and closer to the 1 million number (w x h). So the question becomes how close to 1 million can we go will still images and be fine? Thanks again for your patience and all this help.

Travis Slyter
  • Thanks for the info, that helps. So in our application we are simply doing a slide show beteen still photos on a 3 wide x 1 tall array. (We will have to double stack the array for maximum brightness, hence my question about 3 x 2.)

We will be at the most 2 layers simply to cross fade between photos. According to the chart that maximum image size is for HD movie files which we are not using. So I am assuming that our still files can probably be higher res and closer to the 1 million number (w x h). So the question becomes how close to 1 million can we go will still images and be fine? Thanks again for your patience and all this help.

Travis Slyter
Children
No Data