Collage Overlapping & Image Size Calculations

Greetings. Just trying to do some image size / throw length calculations for some upcoming projects with DL.2 and I am wondering how much overlap you should allow for when using Collage Generator and figuring total image size?

I.e. We need to fill a 20' x 56' screen with a 2 x 3 array and I would like to keep the zoom as tight as possible for maximum brightness. So.....

1. How far away will we need to be with projectors?
2. What will the total image size be for that array?

What I am really looking for here is a formula or better yet a % of overlap that I can use for figuring Collage screen size in the future. Thanks!

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Yes, for still files you should be able to go much larger. I don't have any specific numbers as most of our testing tends to concentrate on movie clips which is more challenging.

I just preload the image a cue before if it is really large if you are seeing any delay in loading due to the size. With the higher resolution movie clips we highly reccommend pre-loading them the cue before in the "Stop and Rewind" mode so the clip is sitting at frame 1 ready to play in all the units when you start it.
  • Yes, for still files you should be able to go much larger. I don't have any specific numbers as most of our testing tends to concentrate on movie clips which is more challenging.

I just preload the image a cue before if it is really large if you are seeing any delay in loading due to the size. With the higher resolution movie clips we highly reccommend pre-loading them the cue before in the "Stop and Rewind" mode so the clip is sitting at frame 1 ready to play in all the units when you start it.
Children
No Data