hi

I need for a show, to make one picture with 18 DL2
6 dl2X3dl2
on ice rink
Do you think we can't do it soon
thank's
stef:1zhelp:
Parents
  • Wow! Now that sounds cool. First question is: where is it at so I can come see it?

I'm guessing you mean a 12x2 so it would be 12 projectors wide by 2 high?

The problem isn't enlarging the grid in the software, it becomes what the resolution of the media file is so that by the time you dice it across that many screens it still looks good and that the file isn't so huge that it starts affecting playback.

If you look at the maximum footage sizes in the tables in the Collage Arrays page and multiply the Width and Height together you'll see that they are all around 750k pixels.

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/Collage-generator/dl2-collage-arrays.asp

You want to keep the total pixels under 1 million when encoding a high res file for the Collage Generator. Above that and it will start to affect playback quality. There are places you can trade off though. If you need a higher resolution and thus a higher pixel count (i.e. larger file) then you can go larger as long as you aren't using the other layers for video.

We designed it such that you should be able to play 1 high res movie and at least 1 if not 2 standard res movies without any performance issues.

Making even larger high res movies for a larger array means you have to trade off the number of layers you use. You can also cheat on the resolution where the resolution per projector is less but the image quality is still acceptable. This depends on the type of content and how sharp the image has to be.

If those trade-off's aren't practical, then that is when it makes sense to split into several movies as you suggested, so any one unit is not trying to load the entire high res file that is being used by all 24 units.

This help any?
  • Wow! Now that sounds cool. First question is: where is it at so I can come see it?

I'm guessing you mean a 12x2 so it would be 12 projectors wide by 2 high?

The problem isn't enlarging the grid in the software, it becomes what the resolution of the media file is so that by the time you dice it across that many screens it still looks good and that the file isn't so huge that it starts affecting playback.

If you look at the maximum footage sizes in the tables in the Collage Arrays page and multiply the Width and Height together you'll see that they are all around 750k pixels.

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/Collage-generator/dl2-collage-arrays.asp

You want to keep the total pixels under 1 million when encoding a high res file for the Collage Generator. Above that and it will start to affect playback quality. There are places you can trade off though. If you need a higher resolution and thus a higher pixel count (i.e. larger file) then you can go larger as long as you aren't using the other layers for video.

We designed it such that you should be able to play 1 high res movie and at least 1 if not 2 standard res movies without any performance issues.

Making even larger high res movies for a larger array means you have to trade off the number of layers you use. You can also cheat on the resolution where the resolution per projector is less but the image quality is still acceptable. This depends on the type of content and how sharp the image has to be.

If those trade-off's aren't practical, then that is when it makes sense to split into several movies as you suggested, so any one unit is not trying to load the entire high res file that is being used by all 24 units.

This help any?
Children
No Data