FILTER WARN

Since uploading 1.2.2.864 onto my heads I now have 4 heads showing FILTER LIFE OUT ERROR and 2 heads showing FILTER SERVICE WARN.

Do these bad boys really need changing or can I ignore the warnings?
Parents
  • David,

The FILTER SERVICE WARN means that the filters are getting close to the end of their life, but haven't quite reached it yet. If you are just getting ready to start a new gig with the DL.2s, that's probably a good time to change them.

The FILTER LIFE OUT ERROR means that the filters have reached the end of their life, and need to be changed ASAP. At this point, the filtering is no longer functional, so fog and other particle has the possibility to be sucked into the projector, which can cause serious damage to it.

As another note: There are two internal filters on the projector itself, and these are definately worth checking and cleaning. If you take off the bezel on the opposite side of the head from the HEPA filter (this should reveal a control board), you will see two small cutouts in the metal work. These are on the left side as you look at it from the back of the head. Just above those cutouts is a small flat tool mounted to the metal work with two screws. You can use this tool to pull two small filters out from those cutouts (one you will have to move the handle of the projector to get to). If these filters are dirty, they can cause the projector to run hot and filter warnings to occur prematurely. They can be cleaned using a bit of soap and water. Just make sure they are completely dry before reinserting them. Also, make sure that you replace the flat filter tool and screw it down tightly, otherwise it can rattle around in head. I've been guilty of this myself before :rolleyes:

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any more concerns.

Thanks,
  • David,

The FILTER SERVICE WARN means that the filters are getting close to the end of their life, but haven't quite reached it yet. If you are just getting ready to start a new gig with the DL.2s, that's probably a good time to change them.

The FILTER LIFE OUT ERROR means that the filters have reached the end of their life, and need to be changed ASAP. At this point, the filtering is no longer functional, so fog and other particle has the possibility to be sucked into the projector, which can cause serious damage to it.

As another note: There are two internal filters on the projector itself, and these are definately worth checking and cleaning. If you take off the bezel on the opposite side of the head from the HEPA filter (this should reveal a control board), you will see two small cutouts in the metal work. These are on the left side as you look at it from the back of the head. Just above those cutouts is a small flat tool mounted to the metal work with two screws. You can use this tool to pull two small filters out from those cutouts (one you will have to move the handle of the projector to get to). If these filters are dirty, they can cause the projector to run hot and filter warnings to occur prematurely. They can be cleaned using a bit of soap and water. Just make sure they are completely dry before reinserting them. Also, make sure that you replace the flat filter tool and screw it down tightly, otherwise it can rattle around in head. I've been guilty of this myself before :rolleyes:

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any more concerns.

Thanks,
Children
No Data