X sine and similar effects in Collage

Hey Folks,
It seems on my DL2's that if I use the effects such as the x and y sine, the effects never seem to line up. That seems to happen every time I use it.
I am using the most recent software, and have a 2x1 collage.
thanks!
Joshua Wood
Service Manager
Ruehling Associates Inc.
Parents
  • Josh,

In order for the sine and ripple effects to line up, you have to get into using the network sync. The fixtures must be networked and have a unique fixture ID. You can then set the "sync to" on the layer of the slave DL.2 (doesn't matter which one is the slave) to the fixture ID of the master. You don't have to worry about the sync modes for the effects, just setting the sync to will help.

A word of caution, however: The network sync still has quite a few issues with it, but was improved slightly with 1.2.3. We still don't really recommend it for syncing fixtures in a show situtation (especially trying to sync movies), however I would encourage you to work with it some and see if it might help with your issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
  • Josh,

In order for the sine and ripple effects to line up, you have to get into using the network sync. The fixtures must be networked and have a unique fixture ID. You can then set the "sync to" on the layer of the slave DL.2 (doesn't matter which one is the slave) to the fixture ID of the master. You don't have to worry about the sync modes for the effects, just setting the sync to will help.

A word of caution, however: The network sync still has quite a few issues with it, but was improved slightly with 1.2.3. We still don't really recommend it for syncing fixtures in a show situtation (especially trying to sync movies), however I would encourage you to work with it some and see if it might help with your issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Children
No Data