directX option

hello,

I want to know which option is selected in the directX-protocoll , that custom content which is bigger than 1024 x 768 (e.g. 1500 x 1400 and no 4:3 aspect ratio) can be shown with the small resolution of the projector (and no cut offs or big contortion.

best wishes

saoirse
Parents
  • Don't think 1500 x 1400, think "What Works!"
    Keep your content as a stock codec. When you use different sized flies, you just create more work for yourself in sizing.
    Yes the PJ does 1024 x 768 but trust me when I say 640 x 480 (or technically 720 x 480 DV standard) is just fine.
    If you get creative and want higher rez, just do HD although I recommend using 720p instead of 1080p unless you're going to be running content across several DL2s or Axons in an edge blended collage.
    Remember... Keep it simple. Remember! This is not TV, it's digital imagery--eye candy.
    If though you decide to use a high rez file (up to 2048 x 2048) then don't forget that you need to crop your files to each pj if you are doing a collage in order to simplify processing.

If you want a trick, say you want to use 4 pjs edge blended horizontally to do create an HD image, I would recommend taking a 1080p HD file and cutting it into 640x480 pieces (truncating the top and overlapping the sides). Then when you sync to the other DLs, you will be running well within the processor limits instead of taxing the performance by running high rez files that you scale and position.

If you do a 2x2 collage, then a file that is 1280x1024 is 1.3M pixels but a 720p file is 900K Pixels which is a 25% difference. 720p is still counting a high pixel count and you will notice hardware lags in image transitions and you will also see frame drops with multiple files running.

Keep simple with your media server.
  • Don't think 1500 x 1400, think "What Works!"
    Keep your content as a stock codec. When you use different sized flies, you just create more work for yourself in sizing.
    Yes the PJ does 1024 x 768 but trust me when I say 640 x 480 (or technically 720 x 480 DV standard) is just fine.
    If you get creative and want higher rez, just do HD although I recommend using 720p instead of 1080p unless you're going to be running content across several DL2s or Axons in an edge blended collage.
    Remember... Keep it simple. Remember! This is not TV, it's digital imagery--eye candy.
    If though you decide to use a high rez file (up to 2048 x 2048) then don't forget that you need to crop your files to each pj if you are doing a collage in order to simplify processing.

If you want a trick, say you want to use 4 pjs edge blended horizontally to do create an HD image, I would recommend taking a 1080p HD file and cutting it into 640x480 pieces (truncating the top and overlapping the sides). Then when you sync to the other DLs, you will be running well within the processor limits instead of taxing the performance by running high rez files that you scale and position.

If you do a 2x2 collage, then a file that is 1280x1024 is 1.3M pixels but a 720p file is 900K Pixels which is a 25% difference. 720p is still counting a high pixel count and you will notice hardware lags in image transitions and you will also see frame drops with multiple files running.

Keep simple with your media server.
Children
No Data