directX option

hello,

I want to know which option is selected in the directX-protocoll , that custom content which is bigger than 1024 x 768 (e.g. 1500 x 1400 and no 4:3 aspect ratio) can be shown with the small resolution of the projector (and no cut offs or big contortion.

best wishes

saoirse
Parents
  • [quote=SBlair]
    That's a nice system that obviously works well for you. But it takes an enormous amount of time to either do all that manually and keep up with (different people think in terms of different naming schemes) or to create the system to automate it to some degree as you have done.

You're right about time. It took at least 6 months to derive a naming scheme that can be adopted as a formal convention.
    Now though, when I receive source files from a content creator, it takes about 10 seconds to run the script and as much time as the cluster needs to render (what after office hours are for haha).

[quote=SBlair]
    Even with Collage Generator there will be some times where you need to split the files, but splitting for each individual unit is painful in many ways and for most applications isn't even necessary.

The collage generator is absolutely the most fantastic thing I have seen. Since many times I dump stock RF content into the fixtures, this becomes my "one button" press. Granted I have already build tons of Hog Show templates for doing 1x3, 1x4, 1x5, 2x2, and 2x3 with Catalyst (and soon the same for Axon and DL2). If I walk up to a cold console then collage is the answer. Especially doing the pattern alignment which is the biggest time saver of the collage generator.
    I think the alignment tools prove the brilliance of the col gen. Twenty minutes instead of an hour or two is proof of the times savings.

[quote=SBlair]
    Then there is loading, assigning, and modifying the content for each unit too.

The time it takes to copy is the only delay here since there are more files to copy. Everything else in the assigning and loading is built into the batch scripts or performed already in the Hog Show Templates.

[quote=SBlair]
    I'm just saying for most applications using Collage Generator will be more than adequate and provide more time to be creative with the design itself.

DL2 and Axon are limitless! The collage generator is the single greatest innovation in media server technology. We are not just using though. This is true Video IMAG industry replacement and the future of Video.

I am no longer a Set and Lighting Designer. Like us all, we are becoming the true Digital Imagist erasing the past 20 years of video stagnation with the future of Digital media.

And somewhere in the growth of the future is the need for the technical smart asses...
    like me:D
    to annoy the overworked forum mediators.
    HAHA

:notworthy: Scott! Love ya man! :notworthy:
  • [quote=SBlair]
    That's a nice system that obviously works well for you. But it takes an enormous amount of time to either do all that manually and keep up with (different people think in terms of different naming schemes) or to create the system to automate it to some degree as you have done.

You're right about time. It took at least 6 months to derive a naming scheme that can be adopted as a formal convention.
    Now though, when I receive source files from a content creator, it takes about 10 seconds to run the script and as much time as the cluster needs to render (what after office hours are for haha).

[quote=SBlair]
    Even with Collage Generator there will be some times where you need to split the files, but splitting for each individual unit is painful in many ways and for most applications isn't even necessary.

The collage generator is absolutely the most fantastic thing I have seen. Since many times I dump stock RF content into the fixtures, this becomes my "one button" press. Granted I have already build tons of Hog Show templates for doing 1x3, 1x4, 1x5, 2x2, and 2x3 with Catalyst (and soon the same for Axon and DL2). If I walk up to a cold console then collage is the answer. Especially doing the pattern alignment which is the biggest time saver of the collage generator.
    I think the alignment tools prove the brilliance of the col gen. Twenty minutes instead of an hour or two is proof of the times savings.

[quote=SBlair]
    Then there is loading, assigning, and modifying the content for each unit too.

The time it takes to copy is the only delay here since there are more files to copy. Everything else in the assigning and loading is built into the batch scripts or performed already in the Hog Show Templates.

[quote=SBlair]
    I'm just saying for most applications using Collage Generator will be more than adequate and provide more time to be creative with the design itself.

DL2 and Axon are limitless! The collage generator is the single greatest innovation in media server technology. We are not just using though. This is true Video IMAG industry replacement and the future of Video.

I am no longer a Set and Lighting Designer. Like us all, we are becoming the true Digital Imagist erasing the past 20 years of video stagnation with the future of Digital media.

And somewhere in the growth of the future is the need for the technical smart asses...
    like me:D
    to annoy the overworked forum mediators.
    HAHA

:notworthy: Scott! Love ya man! :notworthy:
Children
No Data