16-bit for scale

I have noticed that when crossfading values (especially long slow fades) using any of the "scale" channels, things can get a bit jumpy.

Any way of implementing a higher resolution for X-Y-Z scaling?

I realize this would mean an additional 3 channels of control.
Parents
  • Marty, i found this out back in earlier last year (Feb.) and the way around to smooth crossfades was to move the 'Z' position back or forwards about 10 clicks to get a smooth crossfade. When talking with Tom Grimes about this issue (which was a HUGE thing for us in pre-programming our units). that was do to the way Mircosoft Direct X uses the 3d format within the fixtures. I know that Tom was working on this issue and trying to figure out a fix without it being a costly one.

i know that it seems to be crazy to do this, but it is a workable work around for now. you will really notice huge issues if you do any kind of zooming in on the 3D objects within the scaling. since we do so much zooming in on our programming for our looks, it was a big find to do this work around.

hope this helps.

keith hoagland
  • Marty, i found this out back in earlier last year (Feb.) and the way around to smooth crossfades was to move the 'Z' position back or forwards about 10 clicks to get a smooth crossfade. When talking with Tom Grimes about this issue (which was a HUGE thing for us in pre-programming our units). that was do to the way Mircosoft Direct X uses the 3d format within the fixtures. I know that Tom was working on this issue and trying to figure out a fix without it being a costly one.

i know that it seems to be crazy to do this, but it is a workable work around for now. you will really notice huge issues if you do any kind of zooming in on the 3D objects within the scaling. since we do so much zooming in on our programming for our looks, it was a big find to do this work around.

hope this helps.

keith hoagland
Children
No Data