Wanted: DL2 Programming tips

So with my first real venture with six DL2s, I am looking for any tips in programming. I have gone through the content guide numerous times, and as I told Scott Blair when he trained me on these, I'm nervous that I'll waste so much time going through the various content and effects to achieve a look. Any tips to help me out would be greatly appreciated... favorite effects, maybe a combination of effects I wouldn't have found that you like. What about tips on transitions between layers? I'm doing mostly projections w/ collage. I'm not doing any aerials.
Thank You,
Parents
  • A couple comments:

1. USE BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST Optimizations!!!! Use I really did mean to yell that. Most graphics designers create stuff that looks great on a monitor but is only half the intensity it needs to be when projecting it. Using the Brightness/Contrast controls lets you easily double or triple your output intensity for free!

2. Gigabit Ethernet if you have a lot of content. The Gigabit Switches are dirt cheap now, but what most people forget to do is get a Gigabit card for their laptop which means that when you are cloning content or doing anything else you're still capped at 100MBit.

3. Read the Manuals! We really do try and put everything we know into them and update them frequently.
  • A couple comments:

1. USE BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST Optimizations!!!! Use I really did mean to yell that. Most graphics designers create stuff that looks great on a monitor but is only half the intensity it needs to be when projecting it. Using the Brightness/Contrast controls lets you easily double or triple your output intensity for free!

2. Gigabit Ethernet if you have a lot of content. The Gigabit Switches are dirt cheap now, but what most people forget to do is get a Gigabit card for their laptop which means that when you are cloning content or doing anything else you're still capped at 100MBit.

3. Read the Manuals! We really do try and put everything we know into them and update them frequently.
Children
No Data