Load to all servers via CMA

It would save LOADS of time we could have the ability to load custom content files and folders to ALL units on the network instead of one at a time via CMA. Also we need the ability to autoset the DMX for the files and folders in this manner as well.

I have had mixed results with Cloning content.:( If there is a lot of custom content used this becomes impractical when adding just a few files or folders because the system wants to overwrite all the existing custom content while cloning This can take quite a long time with many fixtures on the network combined with a large ammount of custom content.:aiwebs_007:
Parents
  • On my cloning issues. I've had problems where the network will lock up when doing large clones, as well as "incomplete" clones. "Error communicating with server" will pop up after a while, but sometimes it locks my PC up entirely and I have to restart windows before CMA will behave properly again.

Also (I know this is known to you guys already, but...) Creating Content Archives never work correctly with large ammounts of custom content. I haven't been able to nail down the exact size where it starts creating probelms, but it seems to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 GB total (sum of all files in custom folders)

I mention this only because deploying a content archive seems to work a bit faster than cloning when I can get it to work.

Hey Cormac....just a thought, but are you using a cross-over Cat5 cable to connect your PC to the Axon. A straight cable shouldn't work without a switch or hub in place.
  • On my cloning issues. I've had problems where the network will lock up when doing large clones, as well as "incomplete" clones. "Error communicating with server" will pop up after a while, but sometimes it locks my PC up entirely and I have to restart windows before CMA will behave properly again.

Also (I know this is known to you guys already, but...) Creating Content Archives never work correctly with large ammounts of custom content. I haven't been able to nail down the exact size where it starts creating probelms, but it seems to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 GB total (sum of all files in custom folders)

I mention this only because deploying a content archive seems to work a bit faster than cloning when I can get it to work.

Hey Cormac....just a thought, but are you using a cross-over Cat5 cable to connect your PC to the Axon. A straight cable shouldn't work without a switch or hub in place.
Children
No Data