New DL2 User

hi,
I have a tour starting in April, with a Hog 3, Conventionnal, Moving Fixtures and 4 DL2. I will use DL2 for first time on this tour i i have some questions.

1- why on manuel there 3 Modes (Standard, Dual, Single) and only one lib with 94 channels (single mode), or must i patch 1 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode 2 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for Dual mode and 3 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode?

2- What is the best way: using DMX 512 or ArtNET

3- Why can't we directly networking DL2 and HOG III?

That all for today:D

Thanks
Steph
Parents
  • [quote=stephlight]1- why on manuel there 3 Modes (Standard, Dual, Single) and only one lib with 94 channels (single mode), or must i patch 1 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode 2 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for Dual mode and 3 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode?

You can reduce the ## of channels by removing graphic layers from the DL.2s. Hence Standard (all 3 layers), Dual (only layers 1+2), or Single (only layer 1)....you still always have Motion and Global.

[quote=stephlight]2- What is the best way: using DMX 512 or ArtNET

Depends on your setup....ArtNet will allow you to send DMX info as well as DL.2 netowrk down the same line, so it means fewer cables. However on a tour Cat5 cable are more likely to be damaged, so you may want to keep DMX and DL.2 network separate. Also H3 does not yet generate DMX for ArtNet.......yet (:poke: :poke: ;) ;) ), so you will need extra hardware to covnert DMX from your DP-2000 into ArtNet (like an Artistic License EtherLynx or something)

[quote=stephlight]3- Why can't we directly networking DL2 and HOG III?
    Well for starters, what would then be processing your DMX? H3 does not do it directly from the console, and the DL.2 certainly isn't capable of generating it's own DMX.

Hope this is helpful:)

Have fun!!:hogsign:
  • [quote=stephlight]1- why on manuel there 3 Modes (Standard, Dual, Single) and only one lib with 94 channels (single mode), or must i patch 1 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode 2 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for Dual mode and 3 DL2 Graphic by DL2 for single mode?

You can reduce the ## of channels by removing graphic layers from the DL.2s. Hence Standard (all 3 layers), Dual (only layers 1+2), or Single (only layer 1)....you still always have Motion and Global.

[quote=stephlight]2- What is the best way: using DMX 512 or ArtNET

Depends on your setup....ArtNet will allow you to send DMX info as well as DL.2 netowrk down the same line, so it means fewer cables. However on a tour Cat5 cable are more likely to be damaged, so you may want to keep DMX and DL.2 network separate. Also H3 does not yet generate DMX for ArtNet.......yet (:poke: :poke: ;) ;) ), so you will need extra hardware to covnert DMX from your DP-2000 into ArtNet (like an Artistic License EtherLynx or something)

[quote=stephlight]3- Why can't we directly networking DL2 and HOG III?
    Well for starters, what would then be processing your DMX? H3 does not do it directly from the console, and the DL.2 certainly isn't capable of generating it's own DMX.

Hope this is helpful:)

Have fun!!:hogsign:
Children
No Data