Pan not recalling preset position accurately

Moving on with one other small issue.
Have a DL-2 unit not recalling it's pan position accurately. it's not off by much and actually seems to about the same amount everytime.
Cleaned the encoders with a little isopropal alcohol without any change.
Any input or instruction to point us in the right direction in regards to documentation for a fix/adjustment would be appreciated. Checked control and our input DMX values are accurate.
Thanks Again!!!
Parents
  • Update to my original post above:
    After spending about 2 hours with the operator and the units in the shop (thinking it was operator error of course) troubleshooting the problem I have found an interesting problem on our units.
    It appears the set screw securing the Pinion assembly to the drive motor was not secure causing the motor shaft to slip inside the Pinion assembly.
    It was just tight enough to drive the belt but would slip. Upon trying to tighten the set screw it appears that is was already tight, we had to "break" the Locktite type sealant and ran the set screws in approx. a turn and a half with the tilt screws only requiring about a half turn compared to the pan screws.
    We found that the case in both the pan and tilt Pinions on all units.
    After securing these Pinion set screws we have not had any problems since and the units are working better than ever. They have not missed a preprogrammed position since.
  • Update to my original post above:
    After spending about 2 hours with the operator and the units in the shop (thinking it was operator error of course) troubleshooting the problem I have found an interesting problem on our units.
    It appears the set screw securing the Pinion assembly to the drive motor was not secure causing the motor shaft to slip inside the Pinion assembly.
    It was just tight enough to drive the belt but would slip. Upon trying to tighten the set screw it appears that is was already tight, we had to "break" the Locktite type sealant and ran the set screws in approx. a turn and a half with the tilt screws only requiring about a half turn compared to the pan screws.
    We found that the case in both the pan and tilt Pinions on all units.
    After securing these Pinion set screws we have not had any problems since and the units are working better than ever. They have not missed a preprogrammed position since.
Children
No Data