DL2 Audio Out

Will this be possible in the future? As an example, i have just done an out door movie for a client of mine. They had 2 x G8 projectors doing 2, 4 x 3 images for advertising before the movie, then they switched to the movie projector doing 16 by 9. I would love to be able to do this using 2 DL2's, (i know i can already using s video but read on). Instead of using the s video to take a feed from my DVD player, wouldnt it be great if i could load my DVD Movie into the DL2s and take an audio feed from the DL2's so when i play that file back i have the audio as well. Could this all ready be acheived being the internal computer has a sound card in it already????? Just means there is one less thing to set up, i.e. DVD players etc etc
Parents
  • Micah,

We won't be putting Audio Support into DL.2 itself as there is no exposed connections for it and modifying the units can create a host of Support issues for us.

I'm Australia at the moment as a direct result of trying to help support units that were modified by a customer in another way.

Modifying your units does void the Warranty and can cause regulatory compliance issues with FCC and ETL.

Audio Support for Axon however is planned on the list. See this thread for answers to most all the questions you've raised:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3440
  • Micah,

We won't be putting Audio Support into DL.2 itself as there is no exposed connections for it and modifying the units can create a host of Support issues for us.

I'm Australia at the moment as a direct result of trying to help support units that were modified by a customer in another way.

Modifying your units does void the Warranty and can cause regulatory compliance issues with FCC and ETL.

Audio Support for Axon however is planned on the list. See this thread for answers to most all the questions you've raised:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3440
Children
No Data