Sync w/ multi units

Was wondering if anyone has had trouble with running multiple units staying in sync with each other? :confused: 1.3.2 software, running NOT collage. but trying to fire same content via console. Have had no problem in the past, but now since this lastest software upgrade - very much repeatable problems with this issue. causing client to rethink the usage of DL2 units for shows:mad:.

after a year of usage, now having this issue. not good. just trying to find out with anyone else has had this issue or if is it more a local issue within the upgrade of the OS or else?:dunno:
Parents
  • so what you are saying as product changes, then the way we have recorded older shows, now we have to go back and re-record our shows to fit the upgraded hardware. I think that is not good and sad. i understand and gladly take new and better products, but if it is now a cause of mixing older units with old hardware mixed with new hardware and either unit takes it own way of setting up files, something should be rethought out as far as adding upgrades.

if this is the path that is to be taken, then it calls for vendors to make sure all proucts are the same version of hardware on each and every gig. that is will be a nightmare for small companies paying $30k plus for each fixture that can only run with matching fixtures of the same birth.

it will for sure mean rethinking what type of server we think about using in the future. i have enjoyed and liked all the DL2s up until last weeks & this weeks performances. with the notice of this issue last week. making sure that i could recreate it this week. now, knowing it is an issue within fixture to fixture.

I will look at the how you are asking the cue to be setup and then look at each song. but, if this is the case. then every time i rent DL2 units, i will have to first check birth of fixture - being of the same date, then go back and look at how each fixture reads files. to much to do with in such little times, better use a external server and get video companies to supply projectors.

guess, this is making our decision for our new show in June very easy now.
  • so what you are saying as product changes, then the way we have recorded older shows, now we have to go back and re-record our shows to fit the upgraded hardware. I think that is not good and sad. i understand and gladly take new and better products, but if it is now a cause of mixing older units with old hardware mixed with new hardware and either unit takes it own way of setting up files, something should be rethought out as far as adding upgrades.

if this is the path that is to be taken, then it calls for vendors to make sure all proucts are the same version of hardware on each and every gig. that is will be a nightmare for small companies paying $30k plus for each fixture that can only run with matching fixtures of the same birth.

it will for sure mean rethinking what type of server we think about using in the future. i have enjoyed and liked all the DL2s up until last weeks & this weeks performances. with the notice of this issue last week. making sure that i could recreate it this week. now, knowing it is an issue within fixture to fixture.

I will look at the how you are asking the cue to be setup and then look at each song. but, if this is the case. then every time i rent DL2 units, i will have to first check birth of fixture - being of the same date, then go back and look at how each fixture reads files. to much to do with in such little times, better use a external server and get video companies to supply projectors.

guess, this is making our decision for our new show in June very easy now.
Children
No Data