another sync problem

I've got 2 DL2s in a 1X2 collage. I uploaded a custom graphic that is just some bold text...white on black. Then I put the graphic in a Shake n Bake effect. After a while I'm seeing the fixtures get out of sync, causing the text to split from the collage mode. I've messed with the sync to and sync type, but this isn't a video clip, it's a jpeg. The only movement is from the Shake n Bake effect. I ended up resetting the fixtures, and now they are synced again. I guess I don't fully understand the sync options. "Sync to" is to assign a graphic layer a device ID to sync up with? Is this the ID I gave it using the CMA? "Sync type" is what? For this, do I put "sync type" to the graphic layer I'm using? I think I tried all this, but got no results.
Parents
  • Todd,

You are half correct. The Sync To and Sync Type do not affect the effects.

That doesn't mean they aren't being sync'd though. The effects always use the Global clock that runs whenever they are connected over Ethernet.

There are a couple bugs where sometimes fixtures don't properly recognize which unit has the Global Clock and will use their own clock. If you put an object in a slow rotation and you see it snapping to different positions, then that is what is going on.

If you go into the Statistics screen you can see which IP address is the Global Clock for each fixture.

The lowest IP address fixture on the network is the one that should be the Global Clock. If you see a fixture acting as the Global Clock that shouldn't be, you can just reboot the fixture and it typically corrects itself.
  • Todd,

You are half correct. The Sync To and Sync Type do not affect the effects.

That doesn't mean they aren't being sync'd though. The effects always use the Global clock that runs whenever they are connected over Ethernet.

There are a couple bugs where sometimes fixtures don't properly recognize which unit has the Global Clock and will use their own clock. If you put an object in a slow rotation and you see it snapping to different positions, then that is what is going on.

If you go into the Statistics screen you can see which IP address is the Global Clock for each fixture.

The lowest IP address fixture on the network is the one that should be the Global Clock. If you see a fixture acting as the Global Clock that shouldn't be, you can just reboot the fixture and it typically corrects itself.
Children
No Data