another sync problem

I've got 2 DL2s in a 1X2 collage. I uploaded a custom graphic that is just some bold text...white on black. Then I put the graphic in a Shake n Bake effect. After a while I'm seeing the fixtures get out of sync, causing the text to split from the collage mode. I've messed with the sync to and sync type, but this isn't a video clip, it's a jpeg. The only movement is from the Shake n Bake effect. I ended up resetting the fixtures, and now they are synced again. I guess I don't fully understand the sync options. "Sync to" is to assign a graphic layer a device ID to sync up with? Is this the ID I gave it using the CMA? "Sync type" is what? For this, do I put "sync type" to the graphic layer I'm using? I think I tried all this, but got no results.
Parents
  • You both Brought up some good points. I tend to find many workarounds but a few things to mention....

I'd really like to see an Axon based media engine with either a single or dual processor multicore Xeon and Solid State Hard drives. My point of view is that when I cross the $30,000 USD threshold for a fixture, it's really only nickle and dime to jump up in the performance the Xeon and SSD would offer.

I still have plenty of shows where I'll run almost a minute of custom content at a larger width than 1024p on edge blended projectors. FRAME ACCURACY is absolutely essential.

I understand where global sync on the object is priority but one of these days playback sync options need to be addressed. As far as the reboot to work around the bug, that's fine and good to know.

Thanks Guys
  • You both Brought up some good points. I tend to find many workarounds but a few things to mention....

I'd really like to see an Axon based media engine with either a single or dual processor multicore Xeon and Solid State Hard drives. My point of view is that when I cross the $30,000 USD threshold for a fixture, it's really only nickle and dime to jump up in the performance the Xeon and SSD would offer.

I still have plenty of shows where I'll run almost a minute of custom content at a larger width than 1024p on edge blended projectors. FRAME ACCURACY is absolutely essential.

I understand where global sync on the object is priority but one of these days playback sync options need to be addressed. As far as the reboot to work around the bug, that's fine and good to know.

Thanks Guys
Children
No Data