another sync problem

I've got 2 DL2s in a 1X2 collage. I uploaded a custom graphic that is just some bold text...white on black. Then I put the graphic in a Shake n Bake effect. After a while I'm seeing the fixtures get out of sync, causing the text to split from the collage mode. I've messed with the sync to and sync type, but this isn't a video clip, it's a jpeg. The only movement is from the Shake n Bake effect. I ended up resetting the fixtures, and now they are synced again. I guess I don't fully understand the sync options. "Sync to" is to assign a graphic layer a device ID to sync up with? Is this the ID I gave it using the CMA? "Sync type" is what? For this, do I put "sync type" to the graphic layer I'm using? I think I tried all this, but got no results.
Parents
  • [quote=SourceChild]

Now I realize this is just for the hardware but $11k doesn't seem like $30k. Even if HES produced an enhanced version of the Axon engine, it seems to me like it would be able to leave shipping for well under $20k, right?
    Sorry to be frank, but no. Just because the hardware costs "only" $11k doesn't mean that we'll be able to ship it for well under $20k. At that point it simply wouldn't be profitable. In fact, it wouldn't even sustain itself. Above the cost of the hardware is the cost of system design, software development, sustaining activities, etc... The list goes on. Scott is correct at more like the $30k mark.

The fact is that the kind of horsepower that would go along with the system you listed above is not necessary for frame accuracy. The hardware that is in the current DL.2 and Axon systems is capable of this, however there are still issues in the software to work out.
  • [quote=SourceChild]

Now I realize this is just for the hardware but $11k doesn't seem like $30k. Even if HES produced an enhanced version of the Axon engine, it seems to me like it would be able to leave shipping for well under $20k, right?
    Sorry to be frank, but no. Just because the hardware costs "only" $11k doesn't mean that we'll be able to ship it for well under $20k. At that point it simply wouldn't be profitable. In fact, it wouldn't even sustain itself. Above the cost of the hardware is the cost of system design, software development, sustaining activities, etc... The list goes on. Scott is correct at more like the $30k mark.

The fact is that the kind of horsepower that would go along with the system you listed above is not necessary for frame accuracy. The hardware that is in the current DL.2 and Axon systems is capable of this, however there are still issues in the software to work out.
Children
No Data