Going to Colorado?

I'm currently touring with 14 active DL.2's. At our show in Denver, Colorado yesterday, I had several "Filter" errors. As the day went on, 10 out of my 14 fixtures were showing errors! "How can this be?", I thought. I checked a couple of the HEPA filters, which didn't seem too dirty.

Then it occured to me... filter errors are caused by poor air flow (generally dirty filters)... but in this case, I think it was the high altitude. After all, we were a mile high and the air was quite thin.

Anyone else had this type of issue? Just thought I would pass this on.

All of the fixtures continued to work fine all day and for our show that evening. We have a show in Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow. Hopefully my "thin air" theory checks out and they will all be back to normal tomorrow.

-Adam
Parents
  • [quote=ahelgor]mmm.. i think the high altitude mode is only refering to beeing close to the roof, in other words if the projector is beeing operated close to the ceiling where it's hot.. and therefor the fans will run faster if high "altitude" is selected.. atleast that's how i always enterperated those functions in a projector(many brands have similiar functions i believe)
    Well, for example the manual page 7 of the Sony VPL-PX40/35 projector says:
    When using the projector at an altitude of 1,500 m or higher, turn on "High Altitude Mode" in the INSTALL SETTING menu. Failing to set this mode when using the projector at high altitudes could have adverse effects, such as reducing the reliability of certain components.

But you are right that fans run faster in that mode...to keep the thin air flowing and cooling.
  • [quote=ahelgor]mmm.. i think the high altitude mode is only refering to beeing close to the roof, in other words if the projector is beeing operated close to the ceiling where it's hot.. and therefor the fans will run faster if high "altitude" is selected.. atleast that's how i always enterperated those functions in a projector(many brands have similiar functions i believe)
    Well, for example the manual page 7 of the Sony VPL-PX40/35 projector says:
    When using the projector at an altitude of 1,500 m or higher, turn on "High Altitude Mode" in the INSTALL SETTING menu. Failing to set this mode when using the projector at high altitudes could have adverse effects, such as reducing the reliability of certain components.

But you are right that fans run faster in that mode...to keep the thin air flowing and cooling.
Children
No Data