Going to Colorado?

I'm currently touring with 14 active DL.2's. At our show in Denver, Colorado yesterday, I had several "Filter" errors. As the day went on, 10 out of my 14 fixtures were showing errors! "How can this be?", I thought. I checked a couple of the HEPA filters, which didn't seem too dirty.

Then it occured to me... filter errors are caused by poor air flow (generally dirty filters)... but in this case, I think it was the high altitude. After all, we were a mile high and the air was quite thin.

Anyone else had this type of issue? Just thought I would pass this on.

All of the fixtures continued to work fine all day and for our show that evening. We have a show in Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow. Hopefully my "thin air" theory checks out and they will all be back to normal tomorrow.

-Adam
Parents
  • OK..we just finished two shows at the same altitude with totally different results.

First show was in Dever. Outdoor venue, cold + wet weather (around 45 degrees F and light drizzle). No filter errors.

Second show next day in Albuquerque. Outdoor venue, very hot + dry weather (around 90 deg F and clear skys). All units showed filter errors.

Next show is tomorrow in Dallas...I will wait to see if Filter Error persists.

So this poses the question: do temperature and humidity also factor in with altitude?

This would make sense as colder, wetter air would be much more dense than hotter, drier air at the same altitude.
  • OK..we just finished two shows at the same altitude with totally different results.

First show was in Dever. Outdoor venue, cold + wet weather (around 45 degrees F and light drizzle). No filter errors.

Second show next day in Albuquerque. Outdoor venue, very hot + dry weather (around 90 deg F and clear skys). All units showed filter errors.

Next show is tomorrow in Dallas...I will wait to see if Filter Error persists.

So this poses the question: do temperature and humidity also factor in with altitude?

This would make sense as colder, wetter air would be much more dense than hotter, drier air at the same altitude.
Children
No Data