CMA File Overwrite

If I upload a file to my DL.2's using the CMA and the file name already exists in the folder I'm uploading to, it asks if I want to "overwite duplicate file?" I click "yes", but it does not overwite the file. The old file is still there and the new file is not. Even if I delete the old file and then upload the new file, the old file is still there. The only way to get the new file on is to change it's name before uploading it.

This clearly isn't how "overwrite duplicate file?" should work. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix. Thanks.
Parents
  • Ted,

Try to delete the user content from the DL2 menu. Look for the display to read something to the effect of Cannot delete file is locked. If this is the case the file you are trying to delete is corrupt and is more or less being quarentined.

To delete this file set the DMX value of the file to zero in CMA, then reboot the server. Once the DL2 server is rebooted you should be able to delete the file.

Let us know if this helps,
    Joe
  • Ted,

Try to delete the user content from the DL2 menu. Look for the display to read something to the effect of Cannot delete file is locked. If this is the case the file you are trying to delete is corrupt and is more or less being quarentined.

To delete this file set the DMX value of the file to zero in CMA, then reboot the server. Once the DL2 server is rebooted you should be able to delete the file.

Let us know if this helps,
    Joe
Children
No Data