sdi to s-video convertor

Hi there,

What convertor do you use to convert SDI signal from the broadcast vehicle to S-video for the dl2's ?? Last time the broadcast company used a portable dv player to do the conversion using the sdi in en the s-video out. Problem i had was a huge delay in frames. I need a (almost) real time convertor to do close ups of the artist on a 16m wide screen with 4 dl'2.

Frank Verbeek
Parents
  • Hi Marty & Clyde,

Many thanks for your replies. I. don't think it will be a problem to rent a image pro in the netherlands since barco headquarter is in our neighbor country belgium

The lynx convertor looks very like the kramer convertor www.kramerelectronics.com/downloads/pdf/machina/7408.pdf. They are indeed much cheaper but will the processor be fast enough to do the conversion for live perfomances.

How are your experiences in delay in frames. Do you also use the convertors to send s-video over cat5 ? How many frames delay in total are in your complete setup ?

Hope to hear from you

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
  • Hi Marty & Clyde,

Many thanks for your replies. I. don't think it will be a problem to rent a image pro in the netherlands since barco headquarter is in our neighbor country belgium

The lynx convertor looks very like the kramer convertor www.kramerelectronics.com/downloads/pdf/machina/7408.pdf. They are indeed much cheaper but will the processor be fast enough to do the conversion for live perfomances.

How are your experiences in delay in frames. Do you also use the convertors to send s-video over cat5 ? How many frames delay in total are in your complete setup ?

Hope to hear from you

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Children
No Data