sdi to s-video convertor

Hi there,

What convertor do you use to convert SDI signal from the broadcast vehicle to S-video for the dl2's ?? Last time the broadcast company used a portable dv player to do the conversion using the sdi in en the s-video out. Problem i had was a huge delay in frames. I need a (almost) real time convertor to do close ups of the artist on a 16m wide screen with 4 dl'2.

Frank Verbeek
Parents
  • Another really good one is from AJA:

www.aja.com/html/products_converters_D4E.html

I use the Cat5 Baluns most often, b/c I tend to find that they have better signal quality than regular S-Video cables if running over 25'.

The only frame delay I ever see is the delay that the DL.2 itself has. There is a slight delay on the live S-video input no matter if it is native or converted signal. It simply takes some time to go through the GPU on the server before it comes out.

Exactly how many frames varys depending on which ATI card your DL.2s have.
  • Another really good one is from AJA:

www.aja.com/html/products_converters_D4E.html

I use the Cat5 Baluns most often, b/c I tend to find that they have better signal quality than regular S-Video cables if running over 25'.

The only frame delay I ever see is the delay that the DL.2 itself has. There is a slight delay on the live S-video input no matter if it is native or converted signal. It simply takes some time to go through the GPU on the server before it comes out.

Exactly how many frames varys depending on which ATI card your DL.2s have.
Children
No Data