sdi to s-video convertor

Hi there,

What convertor do you use to convert SDI signal from the broadcast vehicle to S-video for the dl2's ?? Last time the broadcast company used a portable dv player to do the conversion using the sdi in en the s-video out. Problem i had was a huge delay in frames. I need a (almost) real time convertor to do close ups of the artist on a 16m wide screen with 4 dl'2.

Frank Verbeek
Parents
  • Just some info for those who are intrested:

My dl2's have the radeon 1950 graphic card inside my dl2's and did a delay test setup

Setup:

DVD with yc output (simulating broadcast vehicle)
    convertor yc - cat 5
    100m cat 5
    convertor cat 5 - yc
    yc matrix switch
    convertor yc - cat 5
    100m cat 5
    cat 5 - convertor yc
    input to DL2 graphic engine

The frame delay is 2,4 frames in total for the whole setup. I've called with barco and the screenpro will take up to max 1 frame of delay for the sdi-yc conversion.

I've made for this test a test dvd with every four seconds a beep and on the same frame a massive screen change. I will post a link tommorrow for a download as i found out it is really great to use to sync external sound by cd-player or catalyst with the dl2 content. Just split up the dvd in a mpeg2 file for the dl2 and a wav file for the audio source

Greetings

Frank Verbeek.
  • Just some info for those who are intrested:

My dl2's have the radeon 1950 graphic card inside my dl2's and did a delay test setup

Setup:

DVD with yc output (simulating broadcast vehicle)
    convertor yc - cat 5
    100m cat 5
    convertor cat 5 - yc
    yc matrix switch
    convertor yc - cat 5
    100m cat 5
    cat 5 - convertor yc
    input to DL2 graphic engine

The frame delay is 2,4 frames in total for the whole setup. I've called with barco and the screenpro will take up to max 1 frame of delay for the sdi-yc conversion.

I've made for this test a test dvd with every four seconds a beep and on the same frame a massive screen change. I will post a link tommorrow for a download as i found out it is really great to use to sync external sound by cd-player or catalyst with the dl2 content. Just split up the dvd in a mpeg2 file for the dl2 and a wav file for the audio source

Greetings

Frank Verbeek.
Children
No Data