E:cue Crazy?

Just asking If someone created the profile "Dl.2" for e:cue or it would be A bit too hard? And if someone has done it, can I Use it? Thanks

Anthony
Parents
  • [quote=gwcwc3po]Just asking If someone created the profile "Dl.2" for e:cue or it would be A bit too hard? And if someone has done it, can I Use it?

Looking over the e:cue line...it looks like the wrong type of control interface for DL.2...you would probably be much better served with a full lighting console as opposed to one that requires so many bits and pieces and seems to be severly lacking in tactile abilities.

If you could get a profile for DL.2 and e:cue, I wouldn't expect your programer to get anything done with any kind of speed. There are many parameters on DL.2 to adjust across 3 fixture types per unit, and having to make all those extra keystrokes and mouse-clicks seems like it would be overly cumbersome.

But maybe I am wrong....I've never actually sat in front of one of these, but I think I get a good idea from the website.

It does look like it has really nice pixel-mapping DMX capabilites though, but my favorite is still the pixelMAD in Catalyst.
  • [quote=gwcwc3po]Just asking If someone created the profile "Dl.2" for e:cue or it would be A bit too hard? And if someone has done it, can I Use it?

Looking over the e:cue line...it looks like the wrong type of control interface for DL.2...you would probably be much better served with a full lighting console as opposed to one that requires so many bits and pieces and seems to be severly lacking in tactile abilities.

If you could get a profile for DL.2 and e:cue, I wouldn't expect your programer to get anything done with any kind of speed. There are many parameters on DL.2 to adjust across 3 fixture types per unit, and having to make all those extra keystrokes and mouse-clicks seems like it would be overly cumbersome.

But maybe I am wrong....I've never actually sat in front of one of these, but I think I get a good idea from the website.

It does look like it has really nice pixel-mapping DMX capabilites though, but my favorite is still the pixelMAD in Catalyst.
Children
No Data