3D object conversion?

So I want to load my own 3D content on the DL2, but all I can make is a ".3ds" file. What is the best (free) way to convert that to an ".x" :1zhelp:
Parents
  • [quote=NDillon]So I got the files converted, but I think there is a better way. Someone out there has to have a cheaper software to convert files.

I doubt it....Deep Exploration isn't really all that expensive.

[quote=NDillon]On a side note, I made the 3D Object the size suggested in the Tutorial. I however made it in AutoCAD, then converted it. When it got loaded on the DL2 it was way to big. Whats up with that? Whats the best size and way to create this content in AutoCAD?

Make sure you check your scaling in Deep Exploration....you can make objects larger or smaller when you convert them.
  • [quote=NDillon]So I got the files converted, but I think there is a better way. Someone out there has to have a cheaper software to convert files.

I doubt it....Deep Exploration isn't really all that expensive.

[quote=NDillon]On a side note, I made the 3D Object the size suggested in the Tutorial. I however made it in AutoCAD, then converted it. When it got loaded on the DL2 it was way to big. Whats up with that? Whats the best size and way to create this content in AutoCAD?

Make sure you check your scaling in Deep Exploration....you can make objects larger or smaller when you convert them.
Children
No Data