So I finally really got my hands into Programming DL2's.....

All I can say is what a great instrument. As soon as i got used to navigating around everything, it became really easy. Preloaded content seemed endless. And all of the content was easy to pull up from the Hog. Also the onboard camera is a really cool feature. We were doing a christmas party with Motley Crue and Poison. They performed great. The college generator worked perfectly. It took me a little time to play with it and get everything lined up, but once i did it was sweet. My only two complaints is i wish the DL2's were brighter, and i wish it had something better than just S-Video. Also if they had a 5 wire out to link up to a video switcher so i can show the content on the projectors that we had on the sides of the stage it would have been really sweet.

Great product guys!
Parents
  • [quote=TimMiller]Also will the axon server do all the same stuff a catalyst do? Or will i need to run catalyst into the axon?

Catalyst and AXON are two VERY different products....far too many differences to list here.

The biggest difference to remember about DL.2/AXON vs. Catalyst when doing large edge blended projections is that the DL.2/AXON system will automatically cut up your content to be used in Collage. Whereas on Catalyst you will need to pre-cut your content and load each piece as a separate file with pre-determined blend % for overlay, etc...

If there is specific functionality you are looking for, please ask about it.
  • [quote=TimMiller]Also will the axon server do all the same stuff a catalyst do? Or will i need to run catalyst into the axon?

Catalyst and AXON are two VERY different products....far too many differences to list here.

The biggest difference to remember about DL.2/AXON vs. Catalyst when doing large edge blended projections is that the DL.2/AXON system will automatically cut up your content to be used in Collage. Whereas on Catalyst you will need to pre-cut your content and load each piece as a separate file with pre-determined blend % for overlay, etc...

If there is specific functionality you are looking for, please ask about it.
Children
No Data