So I finally really got my hands into Programming DL2's.....

All I can say is what a great instrument. As soon as i got used to navigating around everything, it became really easy. Preloaded content seemed endless. And all of the content was easy to pull up from the Hog. Also the onboard camera is a really cool feature. We were doing a christmas party with Motley Crue and Poison. They performed great. The college generator worked perfectly. It took me a little time to play with it and get everything lined up, but once i did it was sweet. My only two complaints is i wish the DL2's were brighter, and i wish it had something better than just S-Video. Also if they had a 5 wire out to link up to a video switcher so i can show the content on the projectors that we had on the sides of the stage it would have been really sweet.

Great product guys!
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma] Whereas on Catalyst you will need to pre-cut your content and load each piece as a separate file with pre-determined blend % for overlay, etc...

Not entirely true. If you are doing a 2x1, 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 with a triplehead2go, then your source file stays whole and you adjust the mix options to do the blending/keystoning. When you get past the number of outputs a single catalyst server can do, then you would have to start splicing your source content.

EDIT* Even thinking about it more, if your source content isn't over 2048x2048... then you could use the same media on each server and set the mix options to only do certain parts of that content. You would want to sync the servers over a network, but it would still work.
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma] Whereas on Catalyst you will need to pre-cut your content and load each piece as a separate file with pre-determined blend % for overlay, etc...

Not entirely true. If you are doing a 2x1, 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 with a triplehead2go, then your source file stays whole and you adjust the mix options to do the blending/keystoning. When you get past the number of outputs a single catalyst server can do, then you would have to start splicing your source content.

EDIT* Even thinking about it more, if your source content isn't over 2048x2048... then you could use the same media on each server and set the mix options to only do certain parts of that content. You would want to sync the servers over a network, but it would still work.
Children
No Data