So I finally really got my hands into Programming DL2's.....

All I can say is what a great instrument. As soon as i got used to navigating around everything, it became really easy. Preloaded content seemed endless. And all of the content was easy to pull up from the Hog. Also the onboard camera is a really cool feature. We were doing a christmas party with Motley Crue and Poison. They performed great. The college generator worked perfectly. It took me a little time to play with it and get everything lined up, but once i did it was sweet. My only two complaints is i wish the DL2's were brighter, and i wish it had something better than just S-Video. Also if they had a 5 wire out to link up to a video switcher so i can show the content on the projectors that we had on the sides of the stage it would have been really sweet.

Great product guys!
Parents
  • [quote=FxDrew]Not entirely true. If you are doing a 2x1, 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 with a triplehead2go, then your source file stays whole and you adjust the mix options to do the blending/keystoning. When you get past the number of outputs a single catalyst server can do, then you would have to start splicing your source content.

EDIT* Even thinking about it more, if your source content isn't over 2048x2048... then you could use the same media on each server and set the mix options to only do certain parts of that content. You would want to sync the servers over a network, but it would still work.

Has this changed then with the newer 165 software? I have not had to opportunity to try that one yet.

From my experience with prior versions, if you want to use the Edge Blending option in the Mixes then you need a separate Mix per output of the Triple Head.

I suppose you could scale and position a single piece of content repeated within 3 separate layers, but then you run the risk of losing resolution, and this also becomes tricky to align properly without visual "tearing". So really you want to pre-cut your content to to fit each part.

An additional loss of resolution will occur if you have say (x3) 1024x768 "screens" b/c the full raster is 3072x768 which is greater than the 2048 max allowable on either axis on Catalyst so you will never get full resolution without cutting the content up into smaller pieces.

If you stretch a single Mix across all three outputs of the Triple Head, then you lose the Edge Blending between "screens" because you are within a single Mix, and you still have the 3072 size issue. Stretching a mix in this fashion is not possible to do with a 4x1, 5x1, or 6x1 setup b/c you have to go to the other output of the video card/Catalyst.
  • [quote=FxDrew]Not entirely true. If you are doing a 2x1, 2x2, 3x1 and 4x1 with a triplehead2go, then your source file stays whole and you adjust the mix options to do the blending/keystoning. When you get past the number of outputs a single catalyst server can do, then you would have to start splicing your source content.

EDIT* Even thinking about it more, if your source content isn't over 2048x2048... then you could use the same media on each server and set the mix options to only do certain parts of that content. You would want to sync the servers over a network, but it would still work.

Has this changed then with the newer 165 software? I have not had to opportunity to try that one yet.

From my experience with prior versions, if you want to use the Edge Blending option in the Mixes then you need a separate Mix per output of the Triple Head.

I suppose you could scale and position a single piece of content repeated within 3 separate layers, but then you run the risk of losing resolution, and this also becomes tricky to align properly without visual "tearing". So really you want to pre-cut your content to to fit each part.

An additional loss of resolution will occur if you have say (x3) 1024x768 "screens" b/c the full raster is 3072x768 which is greater than the 2048 max allowable on either axis on Catalyst so you will never get full resolution without cutting the content up into smaller pieces.

If you stretch a single Mix across all three outputs of the Triple Head, then you lose the Edge Blending between "screens" because you are within a single Mix, and you still have the 3072 size issue. Stretching a mix in this fashion is not possible to do with a 4x1, 5x1, or 6x1 setup b/c you have to go to the other output of the video card/Catalyst.
Children
No Data