So I finally really got my hands into Programming DL2's.....

All I can say is what a great instrument. As soon as i got used to navigating around everything, it became really easy. Preloaded content seemed endless. And all of the content was easy to pull up from the Hog. Also the onboard camera is a really cool feature. We were doing a christmas party with Motley Crue and Poison. They performed great. The college generator worked perfectly. It took me a little time to play with it and get everything lined up, but once i did it was sweet. My only two complaints is i wish the DL2's were brighter, and i wish it had something better than just S-Video. Also if they had a 5 wire out to link up to a video switcher so i can show the content on the projectors that we had on the sides of the stage it would have been really sweet.

Great product guys!
Parents
  • [quote=FxDrew] you offset each submix position (in the submix menu) in the video space allowing for your 10%-20% blend. With that done, you assign all the same layers you want to use for the collage to the submixes. Each submix will only display the portion it has been set to. You are not playing back 3 instances of each file,

Right in theory, but I was not able to get this to work properly the last time I tried it.

I'm going to have to go back and look at this b/c it wasn't working properly on the 2 servers I had last time & had to go back and cut the content up...It would not surprise me though if it turns out to be a server or software issue though b/c they are older machines.

Don't get me wrong here either, Catalyst is still a really great system that I also enjoy using....just very different from DL.2/AXON.

[quote=FxDrew]Once you figure in the 10%-20% overlap, you wouldn't have that full 3072x768. HES also warns about going over the 2048x2048 allotment with their products.

True, you would end up closer to 2500x768 or thereabouts, but unlike Catalyst where I've found that going over 2048 on a single axis creates a problem (even with a very small size on the other axis), on DL.2/AXON you can go over 2048 on a single axis with no worries as long as you stay under the 800,000 total pixel mark (say for a 5x1, 6x1, 7x1, or 8x1 collage). It is also more of a warning than a hard and fast rule the way way it is on Catalyst as the newest DL.2/AXONs can handle much larger files than the original realase ones can.
  • [quote=FxDrew] you offset each submix position (in the submix menu) in the video space allowing for your 10%-20% blend. With that done, you assign all the same layers you want to use for the collage to the submixes. Each submix will only display the portion it has been set to. You are not playing back 3 instances of each file,

Right in theory, but I was not able to get this to work properly the last time I tried it.

I'm going to have to go back and look at this b/c it wasn't working properly on the 2 servers I had last time & had to go back and cut the content up...It would not surprise me though if it turns out to be a server or software issue though b/c they are older machines.

Don't get me wrong here either, Catalyst is still a really great system that I also enjoy using....just very different from DL.2/AXON.

[quote=FxDrew]Once you figure in the 10%-20% overlap, you wouldn't have that full 3072x768. HES also warns about going over the 2048x2048 allotment with their products.

True, you would end up closer to 2500x768 or thereabouts, but unlike Catalyst where I've found that going over 2048 on a single axis creates a problem (even with a very small size on the other axis), on DL.2/AXON you can go over 2048 on a single axis with no worries as long as you stay under the 800,000 total pixel mark (say for a 5x1, 6x1, 7x1, or 8x1 collage). It is also more of a warning than a hard and fast rule the way way it is on Catalyst as the newest DL.2/AXONs can handle much larger files than the original realase ones can.
Children
No Data