Next generation

Hi,
in next generation i would like to have built-in switch with 3 in/out and real dimmer to go to real black :D

Thanks
Parents
  • [quote=stephlight]in next generation i would like to have built-in switch with 3 in/out

Are you talking about Cat5 Ethernet switches? A nice thought, but not practical in terms of networking topology. While switches are not bound by the "5-4 Rule" the way hubs and repeaters are, every time you insert one into a network you are creating a collision domain. Having too many collision domains in a nework can actually interfere with communications and slow it all down to the point of being impractical.

If you want to know more about this I highly recommend reading the book "Rock Solid Ethernet" by: Wayne Howell (yes....the same guy from Artistic License who created ArtNet).

Hope this helps explain it a bit:)

[quote=stephlight]and real dimmer to go to real black

Ummm....we already can.....using the mechanical Iris in front of the projectors' lens.
  • [quote=stephlight]in next generation i would like to have built-in switch with 3 in/out

Are you talking about Cat5 Ethernet switches? A nice thought, but not practical in terms of networking topology. While switches are not bound by the "5-4 Rule" the way hubs and repeaters are, every time you insert one into a network you are creating a collision domain. Having too many collision domains in a nework can actually interfere with communications and slow it all down to the point of being impractical.

If you want to know more about this I highly recommend reading the book "Rock Solid Ethernet" by: Wayne Howell (yes....the same guy from Artistic License who created ArtNet).

Hope this helps explain it a bit:)

[quote=stephlight]and real dimmer to go to real black

Ummm....we already can.....using the mechanical Iris in front of the projectors' lens.
Children
No Data