Next generation

Hi,
in next generation i would like to have built-in switch with 3 in/out and real dimmer to go to real black :D

Thanks
Parents
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Are you talking about Cat5 Ethernet switches? A nice thought, but not practical in terms of networking topology. While switches are not bound by the "5-4 Rule" the way hubs and repeaters are, every time you insert one into a network you are creating a collision domain. Having too many collision domains in a nework can actually interfere with communications and slow it all down to the point of being impractical.

That's what i had done on last tour and during 84 shows i had no troubles and a bbuilt in swtich would have been a great help. Perhaps a something like 8 or 10 In/out could be better to have only one switch, or an other built-in system that would enable us to make an easy wiring.

[quote=Marty Postma] Ummm....we already can.....using the mechanical Iris in front of the projectors' lens.

Thanks, I know that there is a mechanical dimmer in the DL2 but it is so slow and ugly that I have to rework all the cues that have that parameter inside.
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Are you talking about Cat5 Ethernet switches? A nice thought, but not practical in terms of networking topology. While switches are not bound by the "5-4 Rule" the way hubs and repeaters are, every time you insert one into a network you are creating a collision domain. Having too many collision domains in a nework can actually interfere with communications and slow it all down to the point of being impractical.

That's what i had done on last tour and during 84 shows i had no troubles and a bbuilt in swtich would have been a great help. Perhaps a something like 8 or 10 In/out could be better to have only one switch, or an other built-in system that would enable us to make an easy wiring.

[quote=Marty Postma] Ummm....we already can.....using the mechanical Iris in front of the projectors' lens.

Thanks, I know that there is a mechanical dimmer in the DL2 but it is so slow and ugly that I have to rework all the cues that have that parameter inside.
Children
No Data