Next generation

Hi,
in next generation i would like to have built-in switch with 3 in/out and real dimmer to go to real black :D

Thanks
Parents
  • [quote=stephlight]That's what i had done on last tour and during 84 shows i had no troubles and a bbuilt in swtich would have been a great help. Perhaps a something like 8 or 10 In/out could be better to have only one switch, or an other built-in system that would enable us to make an easy wiring.

The problem is that if a switch is built into every unit....then some unexperienced person is going to try and daisy chain their network cables....and this can be disaterous for communication.

[quote=stephlight]Thanks, I know that there is a mechanical dimmer in the DL2 but it is so slow and ugly that I have to rework all the cues that have that parameter inside.

Well I guess it is just personal preference then b/c I find the way the iris works to be very useful especailly for cutting off unwanted "raster-light" for certain shapes.

As far as dimming goes I always dim the GLOBAL first then delay the iris (MOTION to zero) closing by about .5 to .25 seconds....reverse this for a fade up....MOTION up first followed by GLOBAL with a slight delay.....makes everything pretty:D
  • [quote=stephlight]That's what i had done on last tour and during 84 shows i had no troubles and a bbuilt in swtich would have been a great help. Perhaps a something like 8 or 10 In/out could be better to have only one switch, or an other built-in system that would enable us to make an easy wiring.

The problem is that if a switch is built into every unit....then some unexperienced person is going to try and daisy chain their network cables....and this can be disaterous for communication.

[quote=stephlight]Thanks, I know that there is a mechanical dimmer in the DL2 but it is so slow and ugly that I have to rework all the cues that have that parameter inside.

Well I guess it is just personal preference then b/c I find the way the iris works to be very useful especailly for cutting off unwanted "raster-light" for certain shapes.

As far as dimming goes I always dim the GLOBAL first then delay the iris (MOTION to zero) closing by about .5 to .25 seconds....reverse this for a fade up....MOTION up first followed by GLOBAL with a slight delay.....makes everything pretty:D
Children
No Data