DL.3

www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dl_3.asp

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=482

Looks nice guys.

SDI. Yay!!!!

Congrats on the release.

-Phil
Parents
  • [quote=SBlair]I'm curious as to how many IN's and how many OUT's you routinely would need? (Remember price always increases with capacity too).

4 is nice as stated, but typically I've found that more INs are needed than OUTs as usually there are additional sources than the DL.2s themselves (although we still have the S-video input for those since the camera is the same....so the current D-TEKs will still be useful for some time yet).

I say a minimum of 6 IN and 6 OUT personally. 8 is even better.....4 has been too few for me on far too many occasions with DL.2.

Stackable is the ideal, then a system can be scaled appropriately without having to change to a totally different system.

Hey Scott....I may have missed something, but I couldn't find the "lens shift" parameter that is mentioned in the release anywhere in the preliminary DMX chart/PDF spec....I'm curious as to how that is implemented....
  • [quote=SBlair]I'm curious as to how many IN's and how many OUT's you routinely would need? (Remember price always increases with capacity too).

4 is nice as stated, but typically I've found that more INs are needed than OUTs as usually there are additional sources than the DL.2s themselves (although we still have the S-video input for those since the camera is the same....so the current D-TEKs will still be useful for some time yet).

I say a minimum of 6 IN and 6 OUT personally. 8 is even better.....4 has been too few for me on far too many occasions with DL.2.

Stackable is the ideal, then a system can be scaled appropriately without having to change to a totally different system.

Hey Scott....I may have missed something, but I couldn't find the "lens shift" parameter that is mentioned in the release anywhere in the preliminary DMX chart/PDF spec....I'm curious as to how that is implemented....
Children
No Data