DL2 no output...HELP

I have DL2 that is responding to dmx yet there is no output...

I know that sometimes the internal / external relay gets stuck - we have tried this several times through the CMA and no luck.

Tried just about every kind of reset available.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
Parents
  • [quote=MarkScott]This isn't the first time we have needed to cycle power to this particular DL2. We have four and the other three are very reliable. Is there something we could look at to bring this other one up to snuff?

Hey Mark,

You can always try doing a fixture "Shutdown" via DMX as well, then wait a minute or two and the "Global Reset".

Since I happen to have an intimate knowledge of the space you're in;) ....is this the same fixture that wold do that strange thing with the sluggish Pan movement about a year ago (the unit all the way Stage-Right...or would that really be Ice-Right??)? If so did you ever have the chance to check out the Top-Box control card? If this is a persistent issue, you might try swapping the Top-Box card between two fixtures and see if the problem follows the card. Check with Ben to see if he ever had the opportnity to do this.

[quote=jthatcher]Just another bit of info. I recently had one that was sent set to external input. I had to switch it back to internal to get output. Took me about a half an hour of scratching a hole in my head.

Yep...I've also seen that relay "stick" in the wrong position and then you have to change in from Internal to External, and then back again from External to Internal.....this is much worse b/c the fixture will indicate Internal even though the relay is "stuck" in External.:eek:
  • [quote=MarkScott]This isn't the first time we have needed to cycle power to this particular DL2. We have four and the other three are very reliable. Is there something we could look at to bring this other one up to snuff?

Hey Mark,

You can always try doing a fixture "Shutdown" via DMX as well, then wait a minute or two and the "Global Reset".

Since I happen to have an intimate knowledge of the space you're in;) ....is this the same fixture that wold do that strange thing with the sluggish Pan movement about a year ago (the unit all the way Stage-Right...or would that really be Ice-Right??)? If so did you ever have the chance to check out the Top-Box control card? If this is a persistent issue, you might try swapping the Top-Box card between two fixtures and see if the problem follows the card. Check with Ben to see if he ever had the opportnity to do this.

[quote=jthatcher]Just another bit of info. I recently had one that was sent set to external input. I had to switch it back to internal to get output. Took me about a half an hour of scratching a hole in my head.

Yep...I've also seen that relay "stick" in the wrong position and then you have to change in from Internal to External, and then back again from External to Internal.....this is much worse b/c the fixture will indicate Internal even though the relay is "stuck" in External.:eek:
Children
No Data