How to use a DL.2 to display PowerPoint

First off I'm an AV novice, I'm primarily an IS Application Manager. I just inherited a new facility that has 3 DL.2s. My customer community wants to use the projectors to show PowerPoint presentations.

How can I do this?

Convert PowerPoint to mpeg2
Parents
  • What is your Power Point Source?

Depending on what you're doing, you can either convert all of the slides to JPEG's and import them into the DL2's but that would be a lot of work for every new presenter.

The other option is to get a scan convertor for your output device to convert it to S-Video. You can then run an S-Video line up to your DL2's (depending on distance, etc) and put a Distribution Amp on the pipe with the DL2's to split it between the 3 fixtures.

This way, no matter what hooks in at the scan convertor, you dial up the S-Video Input on the console and you're good to go.

Does that help?
  • What is your Power Point Source?

Depending on what you're doing, you can either convert all of the slides to JPEG's and import them into the DL2's but that would be a lot of work for every new presenter.

The other option is to get a scan convertor for your output device to convert it to S-Video. You can then run an S-Video line up to your DL2's (depending on distance, etc) and put a Distribution Amp on the pipe with the DL2's to split it between the 3 fixtures.

This way, no matter what hooks in at the scan convertor, you dial up the S-Video Input on the console and you're good to go.

Does that help?
Children
No Data