How to use a DL.2 to display PowerPoint

First off I'm an AV novice, I'm primarily an IS Application Manager. I just inherited a new facility that has 3 DL.2s. My customer community wants to use the projectors to show PowerPoint presentations.

How can I do this?

Convert PowerPoint to mpeg2
Parents
  • [QUOTE=schiefels]The one thing to keep in mind with this set-up is that the VGA and RGBHV inputs do not go through the graphics engine as the S-video input does but rather straight to the projector. As a result, you lose any ability to keystone the image or use any other manipulations that are available in the DL.2.

That was the exact reason I didn't suggest the VGA/RGBHV ports...in that you lose the graphics engine. For most cases, I would say it might be fine. However, if you are using the DL2 in a location that requires keystoning or even some possible effects down the line, you're best option is still the S-Video line.

That is, unless you have time to save every PPT frame as a JPG, upload it, and program it in your console....
  • [QUOTE=schiefels]The one thing to keep in mind with this set-up is that the VGA and RGBHV inputs do not go through the graphics engine as the S-video input does but rather straight to the projector. As a result, you lose any ability to keystone the image or use any other manipulations that are available in the DL.2.

That was the exact reason I didn't suggest the VGA/RGBHV ports...in that you lose the graphics engine. For most cases, I would say it might be fine. However, if you are using the DL2 in a location that requires keystoning or even some possible effects down the line, you're best option is still the S-Video line.

That is, unless you have time to save every PPT frame as a JPG, upload it, and program it in your console....
Children
No Data