How to use a DL.2 to display PowerPoint

First off I'm an AV novice, I'm primarily an IS Application Manager. I just inherited a new facility that has 3 DL.2s. My customer community wants to use the projectors to show PowerPoint presentations.

How can I do this?

Convert PowerPoint to mpeg2
Parents
  • I personally still feel that for something such as powerpoint S-video will not be an acceptable solution.
    If worried about keystoning etc I would get an external unti that allows that (screenshaper,imageanywhere etc) and use that.
    Shoot some video cards even have keystone options.

Or just get them to upgrade to DL3s and run them SDI :)

ok, after just playing for a second i would convert the slides to jpeg. much easier than i though.
    I never knew, but in powerpoint once the presentation is open select the "save as option" and select to save them as jpeg option. puts all the slides in the folder.
    So in theory 30 second to open presentaion and save in a new folder.
    45 seconds to put into lights
    3 seconds to auto-set dmx values.
  • I personally still feel that for something such as powerpoint S-video will not be an acceptable solution.
    If worried about keystoning etc I would get an external unti that allows that (screenshaper,imageanywhere etc) and use that.
    Shoot some video cards even have keystone options.

Or just get them to upgrade to DL3s and run them SDI :)

ok, after just playing for a second i would convert the slides to jpeg. much easier than i though.
    I never knew, but in powerpoint once the presentation is open select the "save as option" and select to save them as jpeg option. puts all the slides in the folder.
    So in theory 30 second to open presentaion and save in a new folder.
    45 seconds to put into lights
    3 seconds to auto-set dmx values.
Children
No Data