Filter Service Warning

I recently cleaned the filters after seeing the Filter Service Warning. At the end of the following evening the message returned. Is this message based on an internal sensor or simply number of operational hours? The manual covers this error and how to clean the filters but that is as far as it goes. There is no mention of any reset required or that the message should go away upon cleaning that I saw. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance....
Parents
  • [quote=leebot]I have seen issues in higher altitudes with DL2s showing Filter Service Warning prematurely. I did not see this addressed in the bugfix list of the latest version of software but I havent used them in high altitudes in a while. Check with tech support before just ignoring the warning. It would be nice if the DL4??? had a HEPA filter like my Dyson vacuum that could be cleaned.

The last I heard regarding the altitude issue is that as long as the HEPAs are new or have very few particles trapped in them the warning will not pop up....but as soon as they get even a little bit clogged.......

I am curious to find out if this is even an issue any longer with DL.3 due to the increased surface area of the HEPA.
  • [quote=leebot]I have seen issues in higher altitudes with DL2s showing Filter Service Warning prematurely. I did not see this addressed in the bugfix list of the latest version of software but I havent used them in high altitudes in a while. Check with tech support before just ignoring the warning. It would be nice if the DL4??? had a HEPA filter like my Dyson vacuum that could be cleaned.

The last I heard regarding the altitude issue is that as long as the HEPAs are new or have very few particles trapped in them the warning will not pop up....but as soon as they get even a little bit clogged.......

I am curious to find out if this is even an issue any longer with DL.3 due to the increased surface area of the HEPA.
Children
No Data