DL3 loses alignment

I have a unit that constantly loses alignment on a show. 2 weeks focused on a box and everyday it is exactly 1 foot to the right. Every day we move it left and update the cue, save the show, do the gig, and lamp off the rig. Next morning the units are homed and re-lamped, and like clockwork a foot off. Im the DL3 tech on the show, but I feel confident that it's not OP-Err. I think I saw this on another gig but it was so run and gun that I dismissed it. But this time it is consistently happening, and with only one unit but not it's twin.

Any ideas?
Parents
  • Hi Chris,

There is actually no way to tighten the tilt belts on the unit, however as new as DL.3 fixtures are, you should not already be having issues with belts loosening.

One thing to definately check is that all the set screws on the tilt pinions (gears on the motors themselves) are tight and also in the correct place. There are two flat spots on the motor shaft where the two set screws are supposed to rest. If you find any issue with these, tighten in the correct place, then run the motor calibration routine. Be sure to check both motors.

If there is no issue with those, try swapping the head card from either a spare unit if you have one, or another unit on the rig and see if the issue follows the head card. This card controls the tilt motors and encoder. If this is it, you will need a new head card.

If neither of these work, please report back here and we'll help further, or call our support department at: 1.800.890.8989. They can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps,
  • Hi Chris,

There is actually no way to tighten the tilt belts on the unit, however as new as DL.3 fixtures are, you should not already be having issues with belts loosening.

One thing to definately check is that all the set screws on the tilt pinions (gears on the motors themselves) are tight and also in the correct place. There are two flat spots on the motor shaft where the two set screws are supposed to rest. If you find any issue with these, tighten in the correct place, then run the motor calibration routine. Be sure to check both motors.

If there is no issue with those, try swapping the head card from either a spare unit if you have one, or another unit on the rig and see if the issue follows the head card. This card controls the tilt motors and encoder. If this is it, you will need a new head card.

If neither of these work, please report back here and we'll help further, or call our support department at: 1.800.890.8989. They can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps,
Children
No Data