Self-assigned IP's and Sync

Someone asked me if the Sync function would still work if the DL-3's had self-assigned IP's on a Gigabit Swtich. Would it work or should they get a hub with a DHCP server to put on the network?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi,
    Im new here and I just started on a show with 12 DL3's. we just had an issue where the DHCP router we were using lost power and so the DL3's lost their DHCP IP address. we ended up having to to a hard reset on the fixtures to get them to renew their IP address, and i was wondering since i came from an IT background if there was a way to manually enter the IP address in the XP embedded system so we wouldn't have this problem if we ever lost power to the router again?

thanks in advance.
  • Hi,
    Im new here and I just started on a show with 12 DL3's. we just had an issue where the DHCP router we were using lost power and so the DL3's lost their DHCP IP address. we ended up having to to a hard reset on the fixtures to get them to renew their IP address, and i was wondering since i came from an IT background if there was a way to manually enter the IP address in the XP embedded system so we wouldn't have this problem if we ever lost power to the router again?

thanks in advance.
Children
No Data