D-tek switcher/preview rack

Has anyone used the D-tek rack that High End sells?
I have a customer that wants to use it with some DL2s. They want the rack to be at FOH. What is the best way to get the whole thing at FOH or just a preview for each camera to FOH?

Thanks,
Chris Lighthall
Parents
  • The D-Tek is a really great addition to a DL system....I've used them quite extensively.

Follow this link for how HES does it:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/dl2livevideoprimer.asp

If you use this "standard" one...you will have to run 8 lines of CAT-5 to FoH for the baluns. 2 lines from each fixture to the FoH rack. (not counting network/CMA lines)...unless you are less than 100' away in which case you can use regular S-video cables if you prefer.

I personally use a different method involving some other Baluns that allow you to send 4-composite signals down a single Cat-5 cable.

I've attached arough diagram of what I do...as well as a photo of my FoH from the last "Alice In Chains" tour, where I use two D-Teks together for a 6-IN x 6-OUT config....I had 16 LCD previews running off of a mere 4 Cat-5 wires.

Feel free to ask more if any of this is unclear.

Hope this helps.:)

****EDIT**** Looks like Jon,Matt, and I were typing/uploading at the same time ;)
  • The D-Tek is a really great addition to a DL system....I've used them quite extensively.

Follow this link for how HES does it:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/dl2livevideoprimer.asp

If you use this "standard" one...you will have to run 8 lines of CAT-5 to FoH for the baluns. 2 lines from each fixture to the FoH rack. (not counting network/CMA lines)...unless you are less than 100' away in which case you can use regular S-video cables if you prefer.

I personally use a different method involving some other Baluns that allow you to send 4-composite signals down a single Cat-5 cable.

I've attached arough diagram of what I do...as well as a photo of my FoH from the last "Alice In Chains" tour, where I use two D-Teks together for a 6-IN x 6-OUT config....I had 16 LCD previews running off of a mere 4 Cat-5 wires.

Feel free to ask more if any of this is unclear.

Hope this helps.:)

****EDIT**** Looks like Jon,Matt, and I were typing/uploading at the same time ;)
Children
No Data