Urgent Dl.3 problem

Hi everyone, we are currently using 4 Dl.3 for the second time and now when I try to use CMA no dl.3 show up. We are running lastest cma version and dl3 version.

Another question, Cam the ethernet port "die"? I mean first time we used them we lost contact right on the show of 2 dl.3, never got ethernet to work back on them and they were Brand new, In the box.

Anthony
Parents
  • Normal or crossed cables DO matter for many switches.

Rule of thumb:

- For direct device to device connections use crossed cables
    - For device connections passing through a switch used straight/normal cables.

There are many switches out there that can "sense" the type of cable you have connected and can then adjust to the proper settings, but this is not universal....so I always follow the above rule of thumb.

As for your issue....the first thing I would try is use a crossed cable to connect to your DL.3s individually to your CMA computer....this will tell you right away if the the problem is in your network or in your fixtures.......my experience has been that 99% of the time the probelm is in the network.....usually a physical issue (bad cable, wrong type, etc).

Hope this helps:)
  • Normal or crossed cables DO matter for many switches.

Rule of thumb:

- For direct device to device connections use crossed cables
    - For device connections passing through a switch used straight/normal cables.

There are many switches out there that can "sense" the type of cable you have connected and can then adjust to the proper settings, but this is not universal....so I always follow the above rule of thumb.

As for your issue....the first thing I would try is use a crossed cable to connect to your DL.3s individually to your CMA computer....this will tell you right away if the the problem is in your network or in your fixtures.......my experience has been that 99% of the time the probelm is in the network.....usually a physical issue (bad cable, wrong type, etc).

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data