DL-2 Collage Image Size

Hi,
does anybody have any documents or experience of how big my image size would be using 3 x DL2 in a 1x3 horizontal collage with the standard lens at the moment.
I've looked at the single fixture document which outlines single fixture image size but am finding it hard to work out DL-2 collage image size.
I know i should subtract between 10/20 % of the image size per fixture for edge blending but is it that simple?
Anybody who has more detailed experience would be much appreciated.

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • [quote=cormacjack]If i have a 3(w) x 1(H) collage i would in theory need any of my custom content to be 1648 x 471 resolution or thereabouts,so if i want to use the same piece of custom content but as a single image from each DL-2 i would need a resolution of 640 x 480,
    Do i need to have two separate files in each fixture each with a different resolution to do this or can the fixtures use the higher resolution content and work with that.....2 types of content??

The native resolution of DL.2 is 1024x768, so this is the best resolution to use for a single fixture provided you have the Core-2 Duo motherboards, a RADEON 1900 or better, and the larger 320 GB HDDs since this roughly matches the first run DL.3 computers.

You can use the same file as the collage if you like, but there will be some distortion (in this case Y axis compression). It might be no big deal, but it depends on how "precise" your content needs to appear.
  • [quote=cormacjack]If i have a 3(w) x 1(H) collage i would in theory need any of my custom content to be 1648 x 471 resolution or thereabouts,so if i want to use the same piece of custom content but as a single image from each DL-2 i would need a resolution of 640 x 480,
    Do i need to have two separate files in each fixture each with a different resolution to do this or can the fixtures use the higher resolution content and work with that.....2 types of content??

The native resolution of DL.2 is 1024x768, so this is the best resolution to use for a single fixture provided you have the Core-2 Duo motherboards, a RADEON 1900 or better, and the larger 320 GB HDDs since this roughly matches the first run DL.3 computers.

You can use the same file as the collage if you like, but there will be some distortion (in this case Y axis compression). It might be no big deal, but it depends on how "precise" your content needs to appear.
Children
No Data