instant image scaling?

Almost all the content I use with our DL.2s I scale with the 'x scale' 'y scale' parameters, with each piece of content usually scaled differently. I've found that the DL.2 doesn't (isn't able to?) apply scale changes instantly. It usually takes a couple seconds when applying a pallet to a layer for the image to reach its scaled size, even with a zero fade time.

Currently I am having to program around this behavior by putting in intensity delays to allow the scaling to finish. Is there anyway this can be instantly done? It would make my onstage transitions much smoother.

Also, and this might be a H3 library issue, it seems some parameters of the DL.2 should always snap to the next value and not fade. Particularly channels like effects mode 1 and 2, object, mask, etc. I know I can set individual fade times for these to make them snap, but I was running into a problem with releasing / asserting cuelists that for other reasons setting a 0sec release time wasn't good.

Thanks.
Parents
  • "if the change in DMX value is not large enough over a set time"

If the set time is 0sec, then the change/time is infinite no matter how small the change and should therefore be above the threshold. The algorithm you describe should be able to handle both types of uses, it seems to me, without need for adjusting the threshold. ... but then it occurs to me that the DL.2 doesn't know the fade time told to the console and is probably just taking the time between received DMX. Would adjusting the DMX rate affect the behavior (although this would not be a robust solution, obviously).

Anyway, the ability for the user to adjust that setting would be useful - even if only as a CMA setting. Thanks.
  • "if the change in DMX value is not large enough over a set time"

If the set time is 0sec, then the change/time is infinite no matter how small the change and should therefore be above the threshold. The algorithm you describe should be able to handle both types of uses, it seems to me, without need for adjusting the threshold. ... but then it occurs to me that the DL.2 doesn't know the fade time told to the console and is probably just taking the time between received DMX. Would adjusting the DMX rate affect the behavior (although this would not be a robust solution, obviously).

Anyway, the ability for the user to adjust that setting would be useful - even if only as a CMA setting. Thanks.
Children
No Data