360° Projekction from within a 10m Opaque Ball

Hi there

a customer just addressed me with a question i could not answer right away. What they wanna do is a 360° projection, which should cover neary 90% of a 10m Blow-Up Ball. The button does not need to hava an image, as the ball is standing on a little platform. The DL2s should be inside of the ball.

Did anybody on here do something like this before? I remember seeing that video from HES showing the distortion tool for projecting on a ball from the outside - but that was without a collage if i recall correct.

Any help or input would be much apreciated.

Thanks, Thomas
Parents
  • Thomas,

In short, yes....the DL.2s will be able to do this.

You will want to look over both Spherical Mapping and Curved Surface Support in the DL manual to determine which one will best suit your specific needs.

Both of these functions can be used together with the Collage functions.

If you are projecting on a partial sphere from the inside out with multiple units, I would suggest using Collage + Curved Surface.

You will also need to set your DL fixtures to be RP (Rear Projection)....you can do this via CMA or at the fixture by turning "Rear" to "On"...this will "invert" your images so they are viewed properly from "outside" the partial sphere.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Thomas,

In short, yes....the DL.2s will be able to do this.

You will want to look over both Spherical Mapping and Curved Surface Support in the DL manual to determine which one will best suit your specific needs.

Both of these functions can be used together with the Collage functions.

If you are projecting on a partial sphere from the inside out with multiple units, I would suggest using Collage + Curved Surface.

You will also need to set your DL fixtures to be RP (Rear Projection)....you can do this via CMA or at the fixture by turning "Rear" to "On"...this will "invert" your images so they are viewed properly from "outside" the partial sphere.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data